Thursday, March 6, 2014

Discoveries

I think one of the best parts of parenting is getting to watch your children discover things about the world and themselves.

This morning as I fed Madwell breakfast, she seemed to discover her voice and how to imitate what I was doing.


Emma too, has discovered her mad skills as interior decorator. It seems her creativity was brought on shortly after I laid down the law on how much screen time I'm allowing each day. I'm glad she's found this for a hobby though because Jakers and I haven't invested much in decorating our house.



Often the kids aren't the only one who are making the discoveries. It's humbling, to say in the least, how much we get to learn as parents. Having an extremely assertive three-year-old, for example, is teaching me too how to assert myself in a polite way. Emma is also teaching us that we need to watch what we say around her because she will (and often does) repeat it. Does anyone know if soap in the mouth really works? Anyway, I digress. But I'm super thankful for these learning opportunities and for all the sweet moments that accompany them.



P.S.  How do you post comments? I guess hitting the "Publish" comment button apparently doesn't work for me, because I commented on everyone's blogs and it's not showing.


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Madeline is so adorable! It's so wonderful to get to hear her voice. Ella says, "she is amazingly smart!" And I love Emma's mad decorating skills. What a great, and creative, use of her time.

    This is such a beautiful and thoughtful post, Sarah. I can totally relate to feeling humbled by all the learning that goes with parenting. When I was young, I sincerely thought that I could be the perfect parent. How hard could it be? Then I had to actually put into practice all the knowledge I thought I had acquired, and it turned out to be a whole lot harder than it looked. Some days I feel like I am constantly apologizing to my kids because I screw up. A lot.

    I hope you'll keep sharing your parenting discoveries with us. We seriously need all the help we can get.

    Oh, and I'm not sure what the problem is with posting comments. Do you think it has something to do with google+? Mine gives me the option to "publish" my comment. Does it say that for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just re-read how you've been clicking on "publish" and it's not working. I have no idea what's up. Jakers to the rescue???

    ReplyDelete