Sunday, March 2, 2014

Yes, It's On...

Wow, based on that first post I sound like a gun-toting, food hoarding lunatic.  Maybe they're both true though I'm not sure.  My therapist and I haven't had that 'breakthrough' yet.  But if I am going to be a gun-toting lunatic, I want to be like this guy.


But Sarah and I have two lovely girls and live in the Portland, OR area.  We are the "Slickers" in the "Snowboots and Slickers".  (Slickers meaning rain jackets [and yes it rained here all day])

On Friday I quit my job at an investments firm after working there for almost six years.  It was hard to leave, but I think the new job will afford new opportunities for me in the work place and more for my kids for things like dance lessons or other such nonsense.  Having two girls I never thought my life would be consumed by things like dance lessons, tea parties and pillow fights.  And yet they are and I am 92% pleased as punch with it.  I will say that I spend farrrrr too much time at Target.  I think that Target is like the FUBU for soccer moms.

Anyway, I digress.  I think this blog is asposed (supposed) to be the musings of two families and their misadventures in life, parenting and the gospel.  But i've been wrong before.  I promise to do my best to do my part in sharing (bordering on oversharing) the notable, funny or perhaps mundane details of our life in rainy Portland.  So saddle up interwebs, for this blog shall not be stopped.

1 comment:

  1. I'm counting on the oversharing, Jakers. And, btw, this new job... Details, please? Is it with another investment firm?

    ReplyDelete