Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spotlight on Emma

I've been wanting to blog lately, but things have been craazy busy. If someone were to ask me what I did all day, I would have a hard time knowing what to say. I guess cleaning up poop would be on the top of the list. And making macaroni. Yes, it seems that the fun never stops. And a big part of that fun is Emma.

Jakers and I have described Emma as the "will and the energy" in our family. She is very social, lively, opinionated, and isn't scared to tell the world what she thinks. We hope that will be a good thing as she gets older, but we often find ourselves at a loss as to how to respond to her when she "dominates".  She does, however, have a very sweet, funny and loving side too.

Emma really loves her baby sister.  Often when I go get Madwell up from a nap, Emma has her surrounded with blankets and stuffed animals. She really loves hugging and snuggling up to Madwell. A few weeks ago Emma hugged one of my legs and said, "I like your legs, Mom. They're squishy like Madwell's." Aside from off days, Emma's been really helpful with Madwell. When I ask her to get me a diaper or something like that, she'll respond with "of course, Mommy" and help me out.


Emma also really loves helping me in the kitchen. She likes making cookies, but recently discovered her love of peeling carrots (pictured below: she peeled half of the carrot off and took a bite in the middle).


I think one of my favorite things about parenting Emma has been witnessing her spirited personality. One woman in our ward told me that Emma glows, and I'd have to agree with her (I'm her mom, so of course I'm biased). She really takes in life and connects with people, or, as well as a 3 1/2 year old can :-)

And I guess that's all I have to say about Emma for now.

P.S. LOVE the Easter pictures. Did you have those professionally taken? They are adorable.

ALSO-- still really annoyed that I can't figure out how to comment. But I wanted to thank you for the Happy Easter wish and say that we hope you had a good one as well! We love you too, Hughes family. And we totally get having to hold off on blogging about Christopher. Timing is everything when writing about our kids :-) We look forward to reading about him though in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures just made my day! I love hearing about Emma. Holy, holy, she's so dang cute! That's too cool that she likes to cook-a lady after my own heart. And I think it's so sweet how she's taken to being a big sister. I'm sure she will put her spirited skills to use, if nothing else to keep Madwell protected. I sure do love that darling Emma!

    ReplyDelete